Aubrey Jones on 19 Mar 2012 13:43:17 -0700

Re: [PLUG] linux in the strangest places

> Since it has no tubes, I can't be seen playing it outside the house.

Hey, but you could plug into a linux box running JACK, an amp
simulator, and some real-time effects programs. You could even throw
in a midi drum machine and some sequenced accompaniment. If you're
into audio, check out the ChucK realtime synthesis language
<http://chuck.cs.princeton.edu/>. The kinds of effects you can put
together there are *amazing*.

Linux is the bees knees for live performance.

[For multitrack recording and midi composition, it is not even kind of
acceptable, though. Had to install Windows on Friday just to lay down
some tracks.]

--

---ARJ
Chief Engineer, Hit the Sticks, LLC