Julien Mills on 27 Mar 2012 13:03:42 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Hi - Intro....

This wasn't free (or even all that cheap) but...  at the LOPSA conference last spring a guy from Drexel gave a very interesting talk about migrating to IPv6.  I'll look and see if I have any info from that talk.

Julien

I was able to pick up some knowledge by looking through this book:
Migrating to IPv6: a practical guide to implementing IPv6 in mobile and fixed networks by Marc Blanchet
With a few extra machines, or virtual machines, and an appropriate network you can setup a radvd server, and free tunnel using hurricanelectric/tunnelbroker.
-Michael
------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 10:51:01 -0400 (EDT)
From: Paul Stavrides <pstav@adelie.net>
To: Philly Linux Users Group <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Subject: [PLUG] Hi - Intro....

Hi, everybody.

I wanted to introduce myself and see if anybody from BCLUG was on the list...

I'm located in Bucks County near Doylestown. I've been using Linux since kernel version 1.15 if memory serves. I'm now freelancing, trying to make a living after a doing the corporate thing for about 30 years (gad). Mostly, I hack at Magento, develop PHP/SOA stuff for VMWare, and whatever I can for a buck.

I'm starting to feel the need to understand IPV6 and what's going to do for the 'net (or do to the 'net ;). So if anybody hears of a free/low cost seminar, I'd love to hear about it.