Walt Mankowski on 6 Apr 2012 18:27:04 -0700

Re: [PLUG] revision control systems: your faves?

On Fri, Apr 06, 2012 at 08:43:53PM -0400, Floyd Johnson wrote:
> Hello, PLUGgers.
>
> I'm considering the use of Subversion for a project meant to live
> entirely on a local volume, and have it in my head that GUI clients
> notwithstanding, it ain't for lightweights or solo developers.

Subversion is a perfectly acceptable choice for solo developers.  What
makes you think it's not?

As for the "lightweights" part, I've used both svn and git, and I love
git, but I think most developers would agree that it's far easier to
wrap your head around how svn works than git.

If you think svn is too complicated, what do you have in mind that you
think is simpler?  What (if any) version control system are you
currently using?