John Karr on 6 Apr 2012 19:57:20 -0700

Re: [PLUG] revision control systems: your faves?

Bite the git bullet. Even if some other alternative might work as well for
your purpose and take less effort initially, the more git you know the more
you'll be able to get out if it. And maybe, and if git frustrates you and
you're ambitious just maybe you'll be the genius that writes a new front end
for git that everyone will love.

At my job we use RCS, SVN and GIT, with the direction being towards git.
Because I don't use SVN much it doesn't seem any easier than git to me. RCS
is easy purely for its lack of features, it is also very limited by being a
single file version control.

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org] On Behalf Of Floyd Johnson
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2012 8:44 PM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: [PLUG] revision control systems: your faves?

Hello, PLUGgers.

I'm considering the use of Subversion for a project meant to live entirely
on a local volume, and have it in my head that GUI clients notwithstanding,
it ain't for lightweights or solo developers.

For the times you've written stuff singlehandedly, what was your RCS of
choice, and what was the best source of info as to how to use it?