Jay Dobies on 9 Apr 2012 05:36:26 -0700

Re: [PLUG] revision control systems: your faves?

On 04/06/2012 08:43 PM, Floyd Johnson wrote:
Hello, PLUGgers.

I'm considering the use of Subversion for a project meant to live
entirely on a local volume, and have it in my head that GUI clients
notwithstanding, it ain't for lightweights or solo developers.

For the times you've written stuff singlehandedly, what was your RCS of
choice, and what was the best source of info as to how to use it?

I agree with the git love. Initially it took me a bit to get comfortable with it, but I couldn't see myself using anything else now.

As for how to use it, check out the Git Community Book: http://book.git-scm.com/

--
Jay Dobies
Freenode: jdob @ #pulp