Fred Stluka on 9 Apr 2012 15:24:28 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Why does -t option of ssh cause mail to not be sent?...

On 4/9/12 3:58 PM, Martin Ellwood wrote:
Though you've got a solution with 'nohup', another thought to try: append a status output as shown below. I'm not really sure what it would mean if it worked, other than the pipe is forced to wait for a status from the mail command? Maybe it has to wait for the internal fork to complete in that case.

echo "hello" | mail -s "Test" fred || echo 'Mail command failed'

Martin,

I'm pretty sure this won't help.  I had already tried adding a
line to the script:
    echo $status
which would have pretty much the same effect, right?

Hang on...  Easy enough to try...  Nope.  Same problem.

--Fred
Fred Stluka -- mailto:fred@bristle.com -- http://bristle.com/~fred/
Bristle Software, Inc -- http://bristle.com -- Glad to be of service!
Open Source: Without walls and fences, we need no Windows or Gates.