Paul L. Snyder on 9 Apr 2012 19:26:19 -0700

[PLUG] [plug-announce] Tuesday, Apr 10, 2012 - "PerlDancer: Getting to Hello World" by R. Geoffrey Avery (PLUG North@CoreDial in Blue Bell)

This month, PLUG North welcomes R. Geoffrey Avery, who will
be giving a talk on the PerlDancer micro web framework. The
presentation will cover the steps from a blank Ubuntu box to a
working 'Hello, World' website, including things such as:

 - Installing gcc, perl, nginx, and starman
 - Creating a simple site using the example build by
   "dancer -a MyWeb::APP"
 - Configuring NGINX to serve the site by setting a proxy for a
   URL to use a port number to do the real serving
 - A live demo of the site
 - A few simple changes to the basic site to show how to get
   started
 - Using git to track changes to the site
 - Configuring gitosis so multiple users can work on the project
   and push to a shared repository on the server

  http://perldancer.org

Geoff has previous given a version of this talk at PLUG Central, and
will present it again at PLUG West on April 16.

The meeting will take place on Tuesday, April 10, from 7-9pm (7-8
General Q&A, 8-9 Presentation) at CoreDial:

  CoreDial (http://www.coredial.com/)

  1787 Sentry Parkway West
   Suite 100 (Building 16)
   Blue Bell, PA 19422

Directions and other information are on our website:

  http://www.phillylinux.org/locations/coredial.html

We request that you RSVP at rsvp@phillylinux.org if you intend on coming
so we have some idea of how many to expect, but it is not required.