JP Vossen on 17 Apr 2012 20:37:53 -0700

[PLUG] Blog: Install ZFS on Debian GNU/Linux

This will be of interest to some folks on the list.

http://pthree.org/2012/04/17/install-zfs-on-debian-gnulinux/

{ 2012 04 17 }
Install ZFS on Debian GNU/Linux

Quick post on installing ZFS as a kernel module, not FUSE, on Debian GNU/Linux. The documents already exist for getting this going, I’m just hoping to spread this to a larger audience, in case you are unaware that it exists.

First, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory has been working on porting the native Solaris ZFS source to the Linux kernel as a kernel module. So long as the project remains under contract by the Department of Defense in the United States, I’m confident there will be continuous updates. You can track the progress of that porting at http://zfsonlinux.org.

[...]