Martin Dellwo on 24 Apr 2012 09:42:03 -0700

Re: [PLUG] This is not a job offer

I see AWeber is actually hosting a happy hour tonight as part of Philly Tech Week.  Not sure I can make it... anyone else going to this or other tech week events?

Marty

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 9:03 PM, Julien Vehent <julien@linuxwall.info> wrote:
On 2012-04-23 17:20, Douglas Muth wrote:
On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 4:25 PM, Julien Vehent <julien@linuxwall.info> wrote:
There is a couple of very tech oriented companies around philly, and I
happen to work for one of them: AWeber.
I'm a security/system engineer there, working mostly on making our Linux
network more secure. The sysadmin team is rather small: 4 sysadmins, 2
security/sysadmins. Mostly a young team, entirely Linux-centric, specialized
in web hosting and emails infrastructures (it's the core of AWeber's
business).

Just to chime in, I've heard very nice things about Aweber from my
colleagues in the anti-spam industry. (Both from sysadmins *and*
marketers!)

Had no idea they had a presence here in Philadelphia, actually.  I've
made a note of that in case I ever find myself in need of a change in
scenery.

AWeber has been Philly based from the beginning, back in some 1998 :)
I joined recently, and as the organizer of the AWeber International Foosball Tournament, I can confirm it's a pretty cool workplace !

- Julien

Martin Dellwo
cell: (484) 437-3662
martin.dellwo@gmail.com