jeff on 30 Apr 2012 12:20:13 -0700

[PLUG] go ahead and encrypt that HOME partition....

Trying to mount old (encrypted) HOME dir to new install of 12.04.

I follow these easy directions:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EncryptedPrivateDirectory

and damn near successfully mount the directory.

I mounted *something* but all the folders say
ECRYPTFS_FNEK_ENCRYPTED.FWbblahblahblah

No errors in logs to indicate there is a problem. I'm guessing it thinks it's still encrypted.

Also tried ecryptfs-mount-private but it keeps telling me
Encrypted private directory is not setup properly

tried ecryptfs-recover-private
(from syslog) Mount on filesystem of type eCryptfs explicitly disallowed due to known incompatibilities

Tried Googling the errors but I seem to be chasing my tail.

Suggestions welcome and thank you.