Michael Leone on 10 May 2012 17:52:14 -0700

Re: [PLUG] vmware latest

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 8:47 PM, Lee H. Marzke <lee@marzke.net> wrote:

> If someone is looking to get VMware experience for job experience the good news is that all these Enterprise features run for 60 days without a license, so you would just need two capable ESXi hosts for a home lab, an NFS server (Linux or something like the Thecus NAS),  and vCenter server can run as a guest VM on one of the hosts.

We used to run our vCenter as a VM; had lots of problems. We migrated
it to a physical machine, and haven't had any more problems. FWIW ...

I'll be setting up a 2nd cluster at our DR site soon, and get to run
Site Recovery Manager (SRM). That should be ... interesting ...