K.S. Bhaskar on 11 May 2012 04:39:33 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Bizarre proxy behavior after upgrading a partition from 11.10 to 12.04 LTS

It turned out to be two issues. The first is a bug in KDE Software Settings where when I set the proxy server, it puts a space before the port rather than a colon! When I manually edited kioslaverc to put a colon, bingo, it started working.

The problem with aptitude turned out to be that in my flailing, I had with gnome-control-center set a system wide proxy. When I cleared it, aptitude started using the service account and worked.

-- ÂBhaskar