Jack Hill on 20 Jun 2012 18:41:52 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Recommend: cheap server suitable for virtualization?

On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 20:55:59 -0400
Rich Freeman <r-plug@thefreemanclan.net> wrote:

> Not all Atom chips support VT-X, which is important to consider when
> using as a host.

Virtualization extensions are not necessary, however, for Xen paravirt.
I actually prefer AMD boards these days as they are friendlier to
CoreBoot (I believe that they are also more generous with
virtualization extensions on their low-end chips.) I know a couple
people with HP ProLiant MicroServers [0] who quite like them.

Jack

[0]
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF25a/15351-15351-4237916-4237918-4237917-4248009.html?dnr=1