rgeoffrey on 25 Jun 2012 20:42:32 -0700

[PLUG] Perl Mongers 7/2 and Duck Duck Go Hackathon 6/30-7/1

With the PLUG Central meeting cancelled because it is on the holiday and competing with fireworks, obviously you are looking for something else to do next week.  DuckDuckGo is inviting people to the home office in Paoli.  And on Monday will be hosting the monthly meeting of the Philadelphia Perl Mongers.

Quack And Hack 2012

Welcome to the DuckDuckGo Quack and Hack 2012! This event will introduce you to: a) Perl basics, with a focus on modern and high efficient Perl; and b) DuckDuckHack, our open source platform for contributing instant answers to DuckDuckGo.

The event is on Saturday, June 30 and Sunday, July 1. We call it Quack and Hack because on the first day we will present talks (Quack). On the second day we will try to produce some cool DuckDuckHack plugins (Hack). As a hacking alternative you can start working on your own CPAN distribution and we will help you with that process.

Additionally, on Friday, June 29 at 6pm, we will have a pre-social event. And on Monday, July 2, the Philadelphia Perl Mongers will hold their meeting, which everyone is welcome to attend.

The event is at DuckDuckGo HQ at 20 Paoli Pike, Paoli, PA 19301. Sadly our office is not very big, so attendance is limited to 30.

And most important: no entrance fee and free catering -- all the time to hack without thinking about necessities :)

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=DuckDuckGo
http://act.yapc.eu/ddg2012/
http://philadelphia.pm.org/