Jack Hill on 6 Jul 2012 05:43:16 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Linux friendly tablet?

I have never seriously used a tablet or a phone (the most Iâve done is
mess around with a friendâs device and decide that the on-screen
keyboard was inferior to my IBM Model-M.)

On Fri, 06 Jul 2012 01:16:21 -0400
JP Vossen <jp@jpsdomain.org> wrote:

> I refuse to have any iDevices in the house, so that basically leaves
> Android, AFAIK.

Iâm not sure if this is ready for your kidsâ use yet, but I think it is
worth pointing out that Android is not the only user space available.
There is also Plasma Active <http://plasma-active.org/>, which is much
more community driven and is likely to realize greater user freedom.

> * eBook reader (but won't work well in direct sun, right?)

Do people with eInk displays actually read them in direct sun? I canât
read ink on paper books in direct sun (I was considering getting a
Pixel Qi screen before I realized that I wouldnât actually use that
feature).

Jack