Eric H. Johnson on 6 Jul 2012 06:15:31 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Linux friendly tablet?

I don't think it is a technical issue as much as a preference to not be held
hostage to Apple's walled garden.

Regards,
Eric

What about it needs to be  'Linux friendly'? Short of rooting an android
device, the fact that it runs Linux has nothing to do with the usability or
functionality of the device. If you buy consumer devices because of what
kernel they run, you're probably going to end up disappointed. IOS uses a
BSD variant, so it's not like it is worlds apart from Android.

I'm a Linux guy, and I have an iPad - IMHO, superior user interface and in
general it's more consistent than Android. That said, I don't really care
what it's running under the hood - As long as it works for me 100% of the
time so I can get my job done with it, I'm happy.