jeff on 11 Jul 2012 07:31:28 -0700

[PLUG] Android-further

I got a new phone today. It's an alleged upgrade from T-Mobile, from Sensation to HTC One.

At one point I had some difficulty connecting devices to linux but a different cable fixed this (yes, one worked for charging only and another works for both - ymwv). Also make sure to set the default connection type on the phone to DISK DRIVE, lest the phone `forget' to ask you which connection and fail to connect.

I rsync'd the old phone to a backup directory and rsync'd the backup directory to the new phone. POOF - it's loaded, oggs and all.

Yes, I know; if I allowed THE CLOUD to back up my phone, it would be automatic.

Detailed review to follow on blog, after I find ingenious ways to screw up the new phone.

--
ThermionicEmissions - the blog
http://leftystrat.blogspot.com