Paul Walker on 21 Jul 2012 13:48:35 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Install vagrant on Centos 5.8

Hmm.. Looks like vagrant is actually going to patch this...

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 2:54 PM, Doug Stewart <zamoose@gmail.com> wrote:
Check architectures first. Look to see whether you installed an i386
package and lack the x86_64 packages (or vice versa).

You can check arch with RPM using:

rpm -q --queryformat '%{NAME}-%{VERSION}-%{RELEASE} %{ARCH}\n'

You can also add this to your ~/.rpmmacros

Ref. http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/YumAndRPM#head-863c703185b8f37d716f15e2a25393813ccf155c

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 2:19 PM, Sam Gleske <sam.mxracer@gmail.com> wrote:
> You may need to symlink the library.  You should do a package listing of
> glibc and grep for libc to see what file is actually installed.
>
> If this happened during runtime then strace would come in handy.
>
> Some good debug options for ruby include...
>
> ruby -vvvv -rdebug
>
> SAM
>
> On Jul 20, 2012, at 11:27 PM, Paul Walker <starsinmypockets@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> So, I'm trying to setup Vagrant / Virtual Box / Chef on my Centos 5.8
> server. I've got Ruby up, and got the Vagrant rpm installed. However when I
> run vagrant I get the following error:
>>
>> /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.6' not found (required by
>> /opt/vagrant/embedded/bin/../lib/libruby.so.1.9)
>
> Am I screwed here? Ironically, I'm trying to install this stuff in part to
> run a distro with more up-to-date libraries so I can play around with some
> stuff that won't run on the centos box. Any thoughts?

-Doug