Fred Stluka on 23 Jul 2012 07:07:12 -0700

Re: [PLUG] DCAnet dropping DSL

Doug,

I gave up my home servers a couple years ago and went with
virtual servers in the Amazon Web Services cloud.  Advantages:
- Much cheaper:  $15/month total instead of $120/month for
   just the DSL line, plus costs of server, UPS, etc.
- Much faster:  Amazon connection speeds instead of just 768K.

I can login as root, configure the servers as I like, etc., so it's
just like having physical servers.

--Fred
Fred Stluka -- mailto:fred@bristle.com -- http://bristle.com/~fred/
Bristle Software, Inc -- http://bristle.com -- Glad to be of service!
Open Source: Without walls and fences, we need no Windows or Gates.