Doug Crompton on 23 Jul 2012 12:54:56 -0700

[PLUG] Verizon dumping DSL and copper

I think this recent article tells it all.

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Verizon-is-Willfully-Driving-DSL-Users-Into-the-Arms-of-Cable-120473

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Senator-Kohl-Slams-Verizons-Forced-DSLLandline-Bundling-119667

People should really care about this stuff. If there isn't an uproar
nothing will change. It might just be DSL now but it ultimately will
effect all Internet services. Lack of competitiion is bad. We need a model
like the electric company. Pipe providers and content providers. I can buy
my electric generation (content) from any number of providers. PECO is the
pipe. I can buy the generation from them or not. In my case I save 20%
buying it from PP&L. The same should be true for the Internet.

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-355-5307		   *
* doug@crompton.com        *