Kevin McAllister on 26 Jul 2012 16:23:47 -0700

Re: [PLUG] SIP(VOIP) inbound suddenly fails on Verizon Business FiOS

On Jul 26, 2012, at 6:33 PM, Lee H. Marzke wrote:

> So as far as I can tell the packets are getting lost on the Intenet ...  But
> neither Vitelity or Verizon are finding the problem.  Any ideas ?

If you're not seeing the packets they aren't getting there.  My employer (CoreDial) uses FiOS business for an office connection and do extensive VoIP testing on it, so I can attest for the fact that they don't filter it.

Can Vitelity show you one of the packets they are sending?  Are they sending them to a FQDN or to an IP?  I doubt you are using SRV, but if you are I've had quite a bit of trouble with SIP vendors not able to use an SRV record sometimes.

One of my first lines of defense when looking at sip packets is ngrep, e.g.:

ngrep -t -q -d eth0 -W byline port 5060

That way I can see a nice line wrapped version of what's getting there.  But I'd guess something amiss in where they are actually sending the Invite.

Hope this helps.