Michael Leone on 30 Jul 2012 08:35:39 -0700

Re: [PLUG] SIP(VOIP) inbound suddenly fails on Verizon Business FiOS

Our entire network (almost)  was down from Wed morning into Thu
afternoon, because of that back-hoe. Apparently they cut a main fiber
line to the Pennypacker CO (which, despite the name, is apparently at
17th & Locust ...). And so we had no connectivity to any office where
we didn't have our own private fiber laid, since everything else
apparently goes through that one fiber.

Last week was a fun week. :-)

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 11:26 AM, Claude M. Schrader
<plug@claudeschrader.com> wrote:
> On 16:05 Fri 27 Jul     , JP Vossen wrote:
>
>> I heard on KYW last night about various storm (Chesco) and back-hoe
>> (Philly) related FiOS problems as well.
>>
>> So...  Storm/back-hoe/Version network shakiness?
>
> ahh backhoe fade - the most frustrating of the network problems.
> Claude

"It's a beautiful day, and I'm happy to say ... I'm alive"
                                   The Hooters, "I'm Alive"