Eric H. Johnson on 31 Jul 2012 05:18:00 -0700

[PLUG] Weather station siting study

Hi all,

At the last PLUG West there was a discussion about setting up a weather
station and how poorly sited many of those stations currently are, leading
to erroneously high readings and in general subject to the "Heat Island"
effect. A paper concerning a study of the siting of about 80% of these
stations was just released. I specifically mentioned the work of one of the
co-authors, Stephen McIntyre (although I got the name slightly wrong and
identified him as Stephen McKitrick).

Here is one of many links concerning this study:
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/07/29/press-release-2/

Regards,
Eric