Claude M. Schrader on 31 Jul 2012 07:07:01 -0700

Re: [PLUG] FIXED: Olympics Streaming Problem

On 06:59 Tue 31 Jul     , Rich Freeman wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 10:26 PM, Claude M. Schrader
> <plug@claudeschrader.com> wrote:
> > I couldn't figure that out either, but it fixed it for me. Apparently they
> > use a hal plugin to try to copy-proof the video stream?
>
> Unless you're installing something on your PC that you got from
> outside your distro, this seems like a distro dependency problem.
> Packages either use HAL or they don't.  If they do, they should have
> it listed as a dependency and you'd have it on your system as a
> result.  If they don't, installing it won't matter.  If you're certain
> this is what fixed the issue you should consider filing a bug.
>
> Rich

This isn't a bug - there was nothing to install other than hal to make
this work. It's flash streaming. I'm not sure anyone would make hal a
dependency of flash for the 0.5% of videos that require it
Claude

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/flash-player-11-problems-playing.html