Paul L. Snyder on 13 Aug 2012 06:47:32 -0700

[PLUG] [plug-announce] Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - "Server Deployment Testing", presented by Kevin McAllister (PLUG North at CoreDial in Blue Bell, 7pm)

This month, PLUG North welcomes Kevin McAllister, who will be speaking
about server deployment testing using minitest-chef-handler.

Here's Kevin's description of his talk:

   I'll be talking about using minitest-chef-handler to validate
   your Chef recipes and also to validate periodically that nothing
   important has changed unexpectedly in your production environment.

   I plan to talk about the numerous problems I've had running a
   large Linux server installation and show how using code to deploy
   my servers and code to test these deployments is currently and will
   continue to make me a little more sane.

   minitest-chef-handler
   https://github.com/calavera/minitest-chef-handler

   Chef
   http://www.opscode.com/chef/

The meeting will take place on Tuesday, August 14, from 7-9pm (7-8
General Q&A, 8-9 Presentation) at CoreDial.

 CoreDial (http://www.coredial.com/)

  1787 Sentry Parkway West
  Suite 100 (Building 16)
  Blue Bell, PA 19422

Directions and other information are on our website:

  http://www.phillylinux.org/locations/coredial.html

We request that you RSVP at rsvp@phillylinux.org if you intend on coming
so we have some idea of how many to expect, but it is not required.