Rich Freeman on 23 Aug 2012 14:20:10 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Tried of Windows...

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 4:41 PM, Jack Hill <jackhill@jackhill.us> wrote:
> If you are stuck with an enterprise/LTS distro one way to get newer
> stuff that you may need is with Gentoo Prefix (didn't we have a
> presentation about that once). I hear you can do something similar with
> NetBSD’s pkgsrc.

I think I remember hearing something about that.  :)

Yup - I think I managed to get Gimp running on Solaris 10.  I won't
say it was the easiest thing I ever did though.  Something like CentOS
should be much easier to set it up on - Solaris had some truly ancient
tools to start with.

Rich