Isaac Bennetch on 31 Aug 2012 12:33:33 -0700

Re: [PLUG] September Meeting

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 2:55 PM, Robert Spangler
<mlists@zoominternet.net> wrote:
> On Friday 31 August 2012 14:43, the following was written:
>
>>  All in for a key-signing party. Two forms of photo ID and keys printed on
>>  paper. Let's do it.
>
> Don't forget your fingerprint cards and urine sample too.
> Can't be to safe anymore.   :)

Sorry if that was a joke (it seems to be, but my sarcasm detector took
an early vacation), but anyway this is pretty standard for a
keysigning party. In fact, it seems to be the method PLUG has used for
some time (going by the mailing list archives). Without carefully
verifying what you're signing, the whole web of trust sort of breaks
down, so the standard seems to be two forms of photo ID, at least in
my experience.

Some helpful resources:
* http://people.debian.org/~jaqque/keysign.html
* http://www.phillylinux.org/keys/terminal.html