Robert Spangler on 31 Aug 2012 12:51:21 -0700

Re: [PLUG] September Meeting

On Friday 31 August 2012 15:33, the following was written:

>  On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 2:55 PM, Robert Spangler
>
>  <mlists@zoominternet.net> wrote:
>  > On Friday 31 August 2012 14:43, the following was written:
>  >>  All in for a key-signing party. Two forms of photo ID and keys printed
>  >> on paper. Let's do it.
>  >
>  > Don't forget your fingerprint cards and urine sample too.
>  > Can't be to safe anymore.   :)
>
>  Sorry if that was a joke (it seems to be, but my sarcasm detector took
>  an early vacation), but anyway this is pretty standard for a
>  keysigning party. In fact, it seems to be the method PLUG has used for
>  some time (going by the mailing list archives). Without carefully
>  verifying what you're signing, the whole web of trust sort of breaks
>  down, so the standard seems to be two forms of photo ID, at least in
>  my experience.

Yeah, it was.  I know what you are saying and agree with it all.  It was more
meant for the new guy, trying to make him think, 'what the ....'.  :)

--

Regards
Robert

Linux