JP Vossen on 7 Sep 2012 23:30:57 -0700

[PLUG] TurnKeyLinux: Debian-based pre-built appliances

I posted about these folks in 2008 and I ran across them again in a blog the other day. I was very interested to see that are now basing off of Debian (instead of Ubuntu) and they now have about 106 appliances in 7 different formats. Very cool.

TKL-12 announcement & good overview:
	http://www.turnkeylinux.org/blog/turnkey-12

Types (http://www.turnkeylinux.org/docs/builds):
	1) ISO
	2) VMDK + VMX
	3) OVF
	4) OpenStack
	5) OenVZ
	6) Xen
	7) EC2 (http://www.turnkeylinux.org/docs/ec2)

List of appliances:
	http://www.turnkeylinux.org/all

There are some really awesome things listed, like:
* A whole bunch of web frameworks (PHP, Django, Ruby on Rails, Plone, more)
* A whole bunch of CMS and forum systems
* MySQL and PostgreSQL
* Bugzilla	Bug Tracking System
* Collabtive	GroupWare
* CouchDB	JSON based Web database
* DokuWiki	Documentation Wiki Platform
* Domain Controller	Drop-in PDC replacement
* ejabberd	XMPP and Web Chat
* Etherpad Lite	Real-time document collaboration
* File Server	Simple Network Attached Storage
* GitLab	Self Hosted Git Management
* iceScrum	Agile collaborative development
* Jenkins	Continuous integration
* Mantis	Bug Tracking System
* MediaWiki	Wikipedia's Wiki Engine
* MongoDB	NoSQL database
* Moodle	Course Management System
* node.js	Asynchronous Javascript Framework
* Piwik		Real Time Web Analytics
* ProjectPier	Easy Online Collaboration
* Redmine	Integrated SCM & Project Management
* Revision Control	All-in-one code repository
* Trac		Integrated SCM & Project Management
* Tracks	Getting Things Done (GTD) Application

And many more.

Later,
JP