Rich Freeman on 19 Sep 2012 12:03:09 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Upcoming December talk

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 2:52 PM, Morgan Jones <morgan@morganjones.org> wrote:

> Is there a trick I'm missing or are modules just difficult and that's the way it is?

As somebody who packages things on a distro, as long as dependencies
are clear I don't care how many there are.  The more projects try to
make them automagical, the harder it makes my job.

If authors want to packge things themselves so much the better, but
you still need to document your dependencies for the sake of those who
use distros that you didn't package for.

Rich