Matt Mossholder on 28 Sep 2012 05:45:24 -0700

Re: [PLUG] EXTERNAL: Re: MythTV + HDHR3-CC + Comcast?

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 7:47 AM, Grabowy, Chris <chris.grabowy@lmco.com> wrote:
My humble question...I thought cablecards only work with Windows Media Center?? ÂSo was MythBuntu updated with something that can interface with cablecards?? ÂWhen that Ceton card first came out it was huge but seemed way over priced and being forced to use Windows/Windows Media Center it just seemed to be too expensive. ÂOh well.

Cable cards will work with anything. However, you can only get at encrypted channels (those marked as copy once, copy never, etc.) with an approved solution like Windows Media Center.

With Comcast out here in Gilbertsville, I can get all of the channels in my tier using MythTV, without issue, but I don't have any premiums. Those COULD work, but it would most likely be based on a mistake on Comcast's part. So even if it did work, you couldn't count on it to last.

--
 Â --Matt