Isaac Bennetch on 13 Oct 2012 20:07:55 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Looking for Open Source Cloud File Storage Program

On Oct 13, 2012, at 8:00 PM, Casey Bralla <MailList@nerdworld.org> wrote:

> I want to host my own cloud file storage for myself and a couple of associates.
>
> I've tried using ownCloud, which looks pretty good, but gave me some
> permission trouble with files.
>
> I'v also tried setting up an FTP site, but this doesn't play as well for
> unskilled users as I would have liked.
>
> I'm not looking to do anything other than save files to a web page that anyone
> with a good password can log in to.
>

> Anybody have any suggestions for a very simple cloud storage system that I can
> host?

Have you looked at using WebDAV? I think most browsers and/or operating systems should support mounting or at least accessing a WebDAV share, it has pretty customizable permissions and will run on your server. I'm not sure it passes the "unskilled users" portion of your question, but it's worth a look if you haven't considered it.