Christopher Bradley on 13 Oct 2012 20:12:56 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Looking for Open Source Cloud File Storage Program

I saw a talk on eyeos at SCALE in LA in 2007
open source based, but semi commercial now.
It would have the advantage of letting you control the data at the back end and then accessing it from anywhere over the cloud...

http://www.eyeos.com/

Christopher C. Bradley, M.D., Ph.D.
Albert Einstein Medical Center
Department of Neurosensory Sciences
5501 Old York Road
Klein Building, Suite 405
Philadelphia, PA  19141
phone 215-456-7190
fax 215-456-7308

----- Original Message -----
From: "Casey Bralla" <MailList@nerdworld.org>
To: "PLUG Philadelphia Linux Users Group" <PLUG@lists.phillylinux.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2012 9:00:52 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [PLUG] Looking for Open Source Cloud File Storage Program

I want to host my own cloud file storage for myself and a couple of associates.

I've tried using ownCloud, which looks pretty good, but gave me some
permission trouble with files.

I'v also tried setting up an FTP site, but this doesn't play as well for
unskilled users as I would have liked.

I'm not looking to do anything other than save files to a web page that anyone
with a good password can log in to.

Anybody have any suggestions for a very simple cloud storage system that I can
host?

--

Casey Bralla

Chief Nerd in Residence