JP Vossen on 1 Dec 2012 12:14:43 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Cinnamon desktop?

Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2012 08:33:39 -0500
From: Amul Shah <amul@amulz.com>

The thing I like is that pressing the windows key brings up the
> application launcher and then all I have to do is type the binary
> that I want.

Yeah Cinnamon does that too. That's what I meant by "it combines the best of both worlds with menu discovery and typing speed." See the screen-shots at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinnamon_%28user_interface%29 or http://cinnamon.linuxmint.com/.

(And I don't care what you Mac people say, I hate the Mac GUI.)

JP, there is no accounting for taste. ;) Gnome2 always looked like a
poor copy of early Mac OS with start menu in the top left.

Wow, I'd forgotten about that. I see your point, but I'm not sure I'd agree fully, but I also can't really explain why. As you say, there's no accounting for taste. :-)

------------------------------
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 08:50:59 -0500
From: Michael Lazin <microlaser@gmail.com>

[...]
I used to totally hate Unity, but I love Ubuntu.  I have to say that Unity
has grown on me, and I don't think it is nearly as bad as I first thought
it was.
[...]

Yeah, it grew on me too, for certain form-factors, uses and users.

Later,
JP