Fred Stluka on 4 Dec 2012 15:52:10 -0800

Re: [PLUG] PLUG should own a projector...

Aubry,

I don't have a dog in the overall fight of venue or projector ownership. But I do have a micro projector in that class (size and price) that I bought last year.

Those micro projectors are not very good if the room is not totally dark. Like pitch black. If you expect to have enough lights on to eat $200 worth of food, you need a real projector.

Similarly, they don't necessarily have enough resolution to make small text (code, editors, command lines) very legible. It's one thing for a power point with 3 bullet points per screen. It's another thing entirely for xterm.

True.  But the larger, brighter models, at the same price point
would work fine.

BTW, $200 in food is only $10/head for 20 people.  We spend
probably twice that per head on appetizers and beer at Baxter's.
So $200 is really not much at all, even if we only have 10 people
attending.

Also, I hope your "dog in a fight:" reference is just using that
common figure of speech.  I hope no one perceives this as a
real conflict with opposing parties.  If so, I've overstepped, and
I apologize.  I REALLY do appreciate Paul, Amul, and FIS for
all they've done for us.

--Fred
Fred Stluka -- mailto:fred@bristle.com -- http://bristle.com/~fred/
Bristle Software, Inc -- http://bristle.com -- Glad to be of service!
Open Source: Without walls and fences, we need no Windows or Gates.