Eric King on 8 Dec 2012 05:05:23 -0800
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
[PLUG] Philadelphia Health IT Startup Looking For Sys Admin Contractor
- From: Eric King <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: [PLUG] Philadelphia Health IT Startup Looking For Sys Admin Contractor
- Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2012 08:05:15 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=grandroundtable.com; s=google; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=vScUahL5rV6ehVegF/9ReDtTaHE84+oG5zvR3B0D3Os=; b=Oq74mCnxoaLgQtumoGQ/HkqvQEyR9/l88o4YbgEZKllOZxHn4uSGnBfa4MT921+m+K wIJyHgAigr4Zdsr3veeM5EiB7rRg+EKhoK2ijxMTfnknLZNw85j5wj3DejvKW91T+CJ7 406XXE+GE/8HweS3Rnf+UEtnbjjekDBrcXNQ4=
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
Company description: Our company, Grand Round Table (or GRT for short), is a health IT startup in Penn’s Venture Initiation Program consisting of a team of people with healthcare, business, and software engineering backgrounds. We are developing software to help doctors resolve complex medical cases more rapidly by connecting doctors with the relevant scholarly articles, similar cases, and local experts to weigh in on their cases until they are solved.
Job Description: Looking for sys admin to migrate our Amazon EC2 hosted Ubuntu web server to a VMware host. We also would like to take initial steps to improve the security, speed, and reliability of the server architecture (each vm hosts different services needed by the GRT site and our development workflow). The job pays $40-50/hour depending on experience and we estimate 15 hours for the job. If it takes longer than 15 hours, we can revisit this estimate. Provided good work, we have other projects in the short-medium term.
- Migrate configuration and data of Ubuntu server from ec2 instance to VMware
- Migrate domain and subdomains to VMware IP
- Ensure that onsite and offsite backups are reliable
- Update server/network architecture to optimize security, speed, reliability, and simplicity
- We currently work out of Penn’s Venture Initiation Program space (map link). In all likelihood, we will need to meet there in person a couple times over the duration of the project.
- Experience with web security in a Linux environment
- Experience with cloud architectures (particularly VMware, Amazon EC2)
- Experience evaluating and optimizing performance bottlenecks
- Knowledge/experience with HIPAA privacy and security standard would be a major plus
GRT is currently preparing to soft launch with a department at a local area hospital in the coming months, and are looking forward to an open-beta this coming year to the nationwide medical community.
Apply and Contact:
Founder and CEO, Grand Round Table, Inc
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug