lee on 14 Dec 2012 16:16:48 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Linux Consulting Question

The Meadville project worked because the Director of the county Library system kickstarted it and the cost to the Library was about the same as commercial.  Because they had to pay for a consultant and custom programming it wasn't free.  However the card catalog system was much more customizable than any commercial system.

The interview covers costs and how they got the system in place across the county.

When I get the video done Ill be glad to share it.

Lee

Lee Marzke ãlee@marzke.netã
Sent from my Galaxy S III

-------- Original message --------
From: Ron Kaye Jr <rekaye1005@verizon.net>
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Linux Consulting Question

what a sad day to think about anything else, but ...

i would be extremely interested in a LINUX solution developed for the library folks.
great presentation.

in fact, there has been recent concern about linux topics for future meetings.
i would like to see solutions from the field presentations.
state a need as described by a client, help them define their problem,
and show your LINUX solution.

just a thought.

Ron Kaye Jr
914-7294734