Morgan Jones on 27 Dec 2012 09:39:12 -0800

Re: [PLUG] iDevices

Like a Mac you have to learn to do things Apple's way: forget how you think it should be done.  Once you do that they work very well and I think, at least as far as user interface is concerned, they are very well thought out.  You can technically use an idevice stand-alone but I think to really manage the media you need iTunes.  All joking aside: if you have an iPad you really should develop an interest in iTunes--iTunes 11 is a pretty good interface, give it a chance.

I find I store more music and listen to more podcasts because I don't spend time managing the media.

I'm not making a religious argument, this is just how it works for me.  I've had an iphone for several years and from a productivity perspective I think it can't be beat.  I have always looked at an iPad as a media consumption device.  I am seldom not arms reach from a computer and don't mind using a computer so don't know that the ipad offers me much but I've also never owned one.  Many I know swear by them--maybe I would too if I had one.

-morgan