Claude M. Schrader on 9 Jan 2013 13:12:03 -0800

Re: [PLUG] good linux mail clients

On 16:02 Wed 09 Jan     , Walt Mankowski wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 09, 2013 at 02:37:36PM -0500, Michael Lazin wrote:
> > Does anyone have a recommendation of a better mail client for linux
> > than thunderbird?
>
> My everyday Linux mail client is mutt.

+1. I've been using mutt for a few years. It obviously takes some getting
used to, but when it comes to dealing with large amounts of mail adeptly,
nothing else is even close.

mutt *can* render html mail, so you can read it without seeing tags and
whatnot, but most formatting other than basic layout, bold, etc is lost.
Still, its good enough for 98% of the mail I get. All the rest generally
have a "view as a web page" link anyway.
Claude