Lee H. Marzke on 12 Jan 2013 18:07:55 -0800

Re: [PLUG] good linux mail clients

> The problem with this is that I don't want to archive my read mail -
> if that were the case in most email clients I could just create a
> "smart folder" that displays unread mail.  I want to archive email
> that has been acted upon,

Interesting.     This is kind of like a workflow, where you are archiving
things that are done,  assuming that every other email has actions
to complete ?

So to do a similar workflow in Zimbra, I "flag" emails that require
further action.  Zimbra automatically pops up a dialog when the email
is flagged and I enter the reminder date and short note and a calendar reminder
is added.    For example the date I need to follow up on an email that was
received.   If sending,  I click the "send and remind" button and it
generates a future reminder regarding the email that was sent.

Note these features require the free "Email Reminder" plugin.

Since the minority of email requires no further action, I don't need to do
anything special for 95% of my email.

Lee