Drew Lehman on 18 Jan 2013 20:40:10 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Extra hacked AP

On 1/17/2013 3:57 PM, bergman@merctech.com wrote:

In the message dated: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 14:25:44 EST,
The pithy ruminations from Drew Lehman on
<[PLUG] Extra hacked AP> were:
=> Does anyone happen to have an extra AP with a hacked firmware on it

I've got 3 extra APs in my To-Be-Recycled bin here at $WORK. None have hacked
firmware yet, but you're welcome to have them.
That would work.  I can hack them if they are the right type.

=> lying around?  My son is doing a science project on the effects on radio
=> waves on biologicals.  He wants to use one of the APs I have, but the

Is that another way of saying "cellphones ^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H WiFi causes
cancer"?
No, he is no trying to prove it causes cancer etc. That is well beyond the scope of a HS science experiment. Rather is is looking to show that biologicals do respond to certain electromagnetic ranges. Who know.. maybe he will find a positive use for it.

=> area's spectrum is already crowded, so I figured if I can get an hacked
=> on that can use channel 13 it wouldn't interfere with the other APs in

Hmmm... I think the FCC frowns on that, though in practice it shouldn't be a
problem. How much do you believe Wikipedia:
	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels#endnote_B
Not really worried about that. I was going to lower the power so it is not an issue.

=> the area.  I also need to be able to adjust the power output.

"This one goes up to 11"?
	http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/spinal_tap_amps.png

Mark