christopher barry on 20 Jan 2013 18:36:51 -0800

Re: [PLUG] good linux mail clients

On Thu, 2013-01-10 at 08:59 -0500, Matt Murphy wrote:
> Actually, I'm curious about the non-mention of Evolution too.  I chose
> Thunderbird over Evolution before I went to web-only (gmail).  I
> rejected Evolution simply because it felt too much like Outlook, which
> gave me hives at the time.  Anyone else specifically make that choice?
>
> Matt Murphy
>
> On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 6:41 PM, JP Vossen <jp@jpsdomain.org> wrote:
>         Evolution

I've used evolution since it came out. It has it's warts, but beats the
hell out of any web-based email client I've ever tried. Keep your email
data on an ssd if possible though - makes a huge difference.

I use search folders extensively, and really like that feature. It's
stable enough for everyday use.

-C