Rich Freeman on 23 Jan 2013 07:08:30 -0800

Re: [PLUG] good linux mail clients

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 9:09 AM, Robert Spangler
<mlists@zoominternet.net> wrote:
> I use KMail for the most part, but since Kmail2 I have become less of a fan.
> I have found another email client that works like KMail and I am still
> testing/setting it up on Sabayon.

Yeah, I used to use kmail, until I switched to thunderbird because kde
became unusable on my system at the time (v4 move).  I'd consider
using kmail to manage my mail on gmail but I don't think you can even
install it without installing nepomuk, which I REALLY want to avoid.

> http://www.claws-mail.org/
>
> From the front page:
>
> Almost all
> commands are accessible with the keyboard.

Except, notably, for moving mail into a designated folder, or
adjusting tags.  That means having to do several mouse clicks on every
email I get, thus it is unusable.

Ugh, the one feature that really ties me to Gmail.  Well, that and a
very good android client.

Rich