Elizabeth Krumbach on 24 Jan 2013 11:48:31 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Somewhat off-topic, but...

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 8:24 AM, Adam Zion <azion1995@gmail.com> wrote:
> I knew I went to the right place. In a related issue, has anyone ever
> installed a linux distro on a HP notebook? If so, which one(s) play nicest?
> Linux Mint didn't seem to get on well w/this puppy.

As far as I've seen, HP seems to vary as much as any other
manufacturer when it comes to Linux support on notebooks, I suggest
taking a look at specific chipsets on your system that you're having
trouble with and chase those down. As a data point I have the HP
EliteBook Folio 9470m Ultrabook and everything worked perfectly out of
the box with Xubuntu 12.10.

(Disclaimer: I work for HP but have nothing to do with their hardware
division, so I'm just another user as far as this is concerned and my
comments are my own :))

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com