Adam Zion on 24 Jan 2013 08:24:15 -0800
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
Re: [PLUG] Somewhat off-topic, but...
- From: Adam Zion <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [PLUG] Somewhat off-topic, but...
- Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 11:24:07 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:x-received:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=7vqqZGqENYO3oqjvf5fWafcG6q1Zp3KDPdK38cwo7jQ=; b=XoKhRjPeorGPju8ejC4bsKImL+E0XEveXfBMO4Kno+57BRFL2hDAuGW+UsqvPSbliy kB34vzu51pWi0HnHbMvTp4l0wfY1rFLVXjBhV4p45Vnt6s6CCcQ6LD2W26exm3Vc9xqx 8kYYilm3n7DoGg96njK7iNkjtVVJTR6YPFYLdr60njsfcCCskWZTKtAmocvdtAvj4/w6 p6eBaO8zZpe9Xl5gp8uCTYthzgQi+MRULrtB7I/fe02DP9hA37dzkUgPIYyPI5Yp7OFl pq3hA+EyurhCDbNC0abr2S4il5JzdOlFMSI80nkeKL+P6UqSGYPs5bNdbLp2agpNRSE0 xLLA==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 11:20 PM, <firstname.lastname@example.org>
My Toshiba does that as well. It is looking for an alternate boot device,
like a CD or USB drive. You should be able to set the boot order in the
BIOS to eliminate the message and pause.
That nailed it- thanks to everyone for their help. And, even though I didn't need it for this particular instance, I'm definitely keeping the Parted Magic CD around for future use- looks like a perfect addition to my toolkit USB drive.
I knew I went to the right place. In a related issue, has anyone ever installed a linux distro on a HP notebook? If so, which one(s) play nicest? Linux Mint didn't seem to get on well w/this puppy.
Adam+Zion, MSIS, MCSE+I
Registered Linux User #471910
LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/azion1995
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug