Adam Zion on 24 Jan 2013 08:24:15 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Somewhat off-topic, but...

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 11:20 PM, <plug-request@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:
My Toshiba does that as well. It is looking for an alternate boot device,
like a CD or USB drive. You should be able to set the boot order in the
BIOS to eliminate the message and pause.

That nailed it- thanks to everyone for their help. And, even though I didn't need it for this particular instance, I'm definitely keeping the Parted Magic CD around for future use- looks like a perfect addition to my toolkit USB drive.

I knew I went to the right place. In a related issue, has anyone ever installed a linux distro on a HP notebook? If so, which one(s) play nicest? Linux Mint didn't seem to get on well w/this puppy.

Thx,
-Z

--
Adam+Zion, MSIS, MCSE+I