Michael Lazin on 31 Jan 2013 08:37:24 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Low Cost Netbook

Actually I don't think a chromebook would do.  ARM is just not hefty enough for virtualization, and what you can do with chromeOS is limited.  I compiled and installed chromiumOS on a flash drive because I was curious, and was less than thrilled.  I know alienware makes a hefty netbook that would be better suited for virtualbox/vmware etc.  You'll want a dual core netbook that you can dedicate a processor to the guest machine to if you are going to do any vitualization.