Eric H. Johnson on 31 Jan 2013 17:16:09 -0800

[PLUG] Using resize2fs

I burned a pre-built image of debian to an SD. The image size is 4GB and results in two partitions, the first is 17MB, the second is the remainder of 4GB.

The instructions then say that if it is burned to a different size SD to use resize2fs to resize it, but does not bother to give an example. The SD I am using is 16GB.

I have tried this both when mounted to another Linux computer and after booting to the SD. In both cases it basically says "nothing to do".  If I give it a size of 15G it says only so many blocks are available and I asked for a whole lot more.

How do I expand the 3.9GB partition to use the remainder of the SD without losing data?

Thanks,
Eric

Sent from my ASUS Pad