Sam Gleske on 1 Feb 2013 08:25:17 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Using resize2fs

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 8:15 PM, Eric H. Johnson <ejohnson@camalytics.com> wrote:
How do I expand the 3.9GB partition to use the remainder of the SD without losing data?

Reading the man page for resize2fs you just pass the device of the partition you want resized.

e.g. resize2fs /dev/sda1 [size]

If size is omitted it just takes up everything.  It's recommended to do it on an unmounted filesystem but as of kernel 2.6 (reading from the man page on my Ubuntu 12.04 system) supports on-line resize for filesystems mounted using ext3 and ext4.

SAM