Rich Freeman on 6 Feb 2013 04:01:18 -0800

Re: [PLUG] CentOS-5.x console font troubles

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 5:26 AM, JP Vossen <jp@jpsdomain.org> wrote:
> If I add "vga=6" or "nomodeset vga=6" to '/boot/grub/menu.lst' it gets
> really weird.  The font switches right away, but then still flips back and
> forth while udev is running, then I end up with normal VGA which is not what
> I need.

It sounds like some init.d/rc script is changing things after boot.

You might try grepping these scripts for "resizecons" and "setfont" to
try to figure out what script is doing it and then look for an
associated config file.  That is the cleanest solution.

Or, you could just write your own init.d script (or local script if
CentOS has such a concept) and stick those commands in there yourself.
 They have man pages on Gentoo at least.  I can't say that I've
personally messed around with them - I assume they work with
framebuffers as well as traditional VGA consoles.

Rich