Julien Vehent on 9 Feb 2013 09:32:49 -0800

[PLUG] DIY Email Hosting with Linux [PLUG North 2/12]

Howdy PLUG,

As I am preparing my presentation for next tuesday, I figured a little introductory email could help raise interest. So here it is. I have been hosting @linuxwall.info at home since 2005. I have been using Debian the whole time, and moved the server 5 or 6 times as I moved around Europe and the US. In the process, I have been sending and receiving emails from 3 differents ISP and learned a few things along the way.

The last version of my email server runs on Debian Wheezy (7.0), and uses Postfix, Postscreen (with RBLs), Dovecot, OpenLDAP, DSPAM, OpenDKIM, Nginx, Roundcube, iSync and eJabberd. https://plus.google.com/111170979471220549964/posts/craMJ8pW9Sv

In this talk, I will go through the architecture of the server, share a few tricks on how to keep deliverability high, avoid losing emails, and keep spammers away. And some other cool stuff as well: http://jve.linuxwall.info/ressources/code/postscreen_linuxwall_20130209.html

See you on tuesday at Coredial.
Julien

--
Julien Vehent - http://jve.linuxwall.info